My pretty Katie is now an official artist. She has sold a piece of her artwork.
Katie is my crafting buddy. Anytime I am doing a craft, she's right there.
Now, she is an artist in her own right. The Hurst-Euless-Bedford (HEB) Shool District has an Education Foundation that gave a fundraiser dinner Saturday night at the Hyatt at DFW Airport. As part of their fundraiser, they auctioned off pieces of artwork done by HEB students at all of the different schools. HEB has two high schools. five junior high schools and close to 20 elementary schools. Katie is a third grader at Lakewood Elementary. She and one other child had their artwork chosen to represent all of Lakewood at the fundraiser. Here is the text of the email sent to me by the art teacher:
11/3/08
Ms. Costello,
I’m sure that no one minded your viewing the art at the gala. Each piece of art had an opening bid of $20 and increased in increments of $10 each bid. I sent 3 pieces of art to represent Lakewood. They earned a total of $100.00 for the HEB ISD Educational Foundation. The one by our sixth grade boy placed 3rd Place in the Elementary Division when the pieces were juried. Katie’s art was purchased by our superintendent Dr. Buinger’s wife who loved the colors and was charmed by it. She purchased it for her daughter who is a 3rd grade teacher because of the colors, and because the little white bird Katie had sitting on the table reminded her of a pet her daughter owns.
I’m so glad you had a chance to get a picture with Katie beside it all matted and framed before it sold. I have a digital picture of it that I will also send home to you soon.
Thank you for your support. Congratulations to Katie for being part of the 50th Anniversary of the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD and the ongoing support of grants to teachers for the benefit of children in our district through generously donating her artwork.
Sincerely,
Diane McClure
Lakewood Art Teacher
Here are the pictures Maggie took of the artwork:


Yep, we're awfully proud!


No comments:
Post a Comment