Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New (ad)Venture

My neighbor, Denise McDonald, invited me to a party for something I'd never heard of -- Scentsy. I was a ... tad ... skeptical because I don't care for strong fragrances. Maggie and Katie can testify to that. How many times have I made them take a bath/shower because they sprayed on some perfume and it made me sick???

Anyway, I went to the party and was pretty impressed. I NEVER burn regular candles. I use tea lights if I ever burn a candle. Most candles have scents that give me a headache, sick at my stomach and aggravate my asthma.

These are very different. There are over 80 scents. I'll be honest and say I don't care for some of them because they are perfumy (is that a word?). I like the fruit scents the most.



Another thing different about these candles is they do not have a wick. WHAT? No wick? No way!

Yes, way. No wick because the wax sits in a section of the warmer. If there's no wick, how is it lit? Easy... it's not lit with a flame. The warmer contains a 25-watt bulb that heats up the wax. The wax is a special type of wax that is able to melt at a lower temperature. You can purchase a "brick" or a "block." When you're through burning the candle and want to put it up or just swap out the wax, it's easy pour the melted wax back in the container where it will harden back to its original state until you are ready to use it again. This is a win in several ways:

  • While the wax can be warm while it is in the warmer, it is not hot enough to burn any child, or pet, who is curious
  • NOT A FIRE HAZARD
  • No soot
  • No "ring around the candle" where your candle burns way down the middle and not along the sides

The warmers are very pretty. I think a few are very masculine and would be appropriate to give a man for his birthday, Christmas or Father's Day. There are large warmers and plug-ins (shown in turquoise above). The plug-ins are great as nightlights.


I signed up to be a Scentsy consultant. I am not very good at sales, so this is quite a gamble for me. I'm hoping it will sell itself!

Here is the link to my Scentsy website: www.scentsy.com/marycost

If you're interested, drop me a line or give me a call. Pretty soon I'll have my sample kit with each of the scents.

Wish me luck!






No comments: