I feel the stars aligning... I see change happening in the world... I feel the HOPE of a nation...
In today's political climate, I can see a change coming over America. We have an African-American in the lead for presidency. And we have an African-American with a number 1 COUNTRY WESTERN song. Darius Rucker, of Hootie and the Blowfish, has a song I LOVE called "Don't Think I Don't Think About It." I am a big fan of Hootie and the Blowfish. When I first heard Don't Think, I really liked it. Then a dj said it was Darius from Hootie, and I thought OF COURSE IT IS. I can so hear it now. Country Western isn't exactly known for it's diversity so this is big news.
I grew up listening to all of the old-timers -- Merle, Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty and Charley Pride. Charley Pride, an African-American, made a big splash back in the day. A few years ago, there was another African-American on the country scene -- Cowboy Troy. His claim to fame was that he sang "Hick-Hop." Honestly, I've never heard anything of his.
Darius has a great voice that translatesto country very well. He doesn't like to be referred to as "Hootie," though I don't know how he thinks people should refer to him since he is the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish! Jeez, entertainers. He said in an interview I heard that Hootie and the Blowfish are still together, he was just taking time off for something of his own.
I wish him the best!
Here is the video for Don't Think I Don't Think About It:
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment